29 November 2010

CVS, little MM



I found out that an iTunes gift card was on my Father's Christmas list, so off to CVS I went, since this week they have the $50 gift cards with $10 in ECB back! And since I was there anyway, I thought I'd try out a little scenario I'd read about on CouponingFor4.

To do the deal I did, you're going to need four computers. There's another deal you can do with just two computers, which I'll outline below. I wouldn't have gone after this if 1) I didn't need the gift card and 2) CVS is right on the way to the gym, where my oldest takes tennis class. Here's what I bought:

Transaction #1:
1 $50 iTunes Gift Card, $50 with $10 ECB.

Transaction #2:
Four Gas-X Chewables, $5.79 (no sale). Used four $3/1 from here. This allows only one print per computer.

Total was $11.16 and then I used the 20% coupon from here which brought the total to $6.52. Received a $10 ECB for spending more then $20 on the Gas-X, for a profit of $3.48.

There is also a coupon for $4.00/1 Gas-X Prevention Product. My store only had two in stock, so I didn't try this deal. But here's what you could do:

Buy four of the Gas-X Preventions at $6.29 each, for $25.16. Use four $4/1 coupons to bring you down to $10.16 and the 20% off coupon will take off another $5.03. Net cost: $5.13 with $10 ECB back, or a $4.87 moneymaker.

Or buy two of the Gas-X and two of the Gas-X Prevention for a total of $24.16. Use two of the $3/1 and two of the $4/1 and the 20% off to bring you to $5.33 with $10 ECB back, or a $4.67 moneymaker.

Also while I was there the very nice manager gave me a CVS Christmas catalog with 100's of gifts under $10. Inside is a save $4 off any purchase of $20 or more coupon. He was keeping these behind the desk and giving one per customer, so if you don't get one, ask!

Thanks, CouponingFor4!

No comments:

Post a Comment